Health Benefits of coffee
Thanks to its high levels of antioxidants and beneficial nutrients.
- Can Improve Energy Levels and Make You Smarter
Feel less tired and increase energy levels and improves brain function, including memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general mental function.
- Can Help You Burn Fat
Caffeine can boost your metabolic rate and it can specifically increase fat burning.
- Can Drastically Improve Physical Performance
Caffeine increases epinephrine (adrenaline) levels in your blood.
- Contains Essential Nutrients
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium, Magnesium, Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), Manganese and niacin (vitamin B3),
- May Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
People who drink the most coffee have a 23–50% lower risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
- May Protect You From Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
Coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- May Lower Your Risk of Parkinson’s
Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of Parkinson’s disease, with a risk reduction ranging from 32–60%.
- May Protect Your Liver
Coffee may protect against cirrhosis. People who drink 4 or more cups per day have up to an 80% lower risk.
- Can Fight Depression and Make You Happier
People who drank 4 or more cups per day were 53% less likely to die by suicide.
- May Lower Risk of Certain Types of Cancer
Coffee appears to be protective against two types of cancer: liver and colorectal cancer. Studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 40% lower risk of liver cancer and a 15% lower risk of colorectal cancer.
- Doesn’t Cause Heart Disease and May Lower Stroke Risk
Coffee drinkers have a slightly lower risk of stroke.
- May Help You Live Longer
Drinking coffee was associated with a 20% reduced risk of death in men and a 26% decreased risk of death in women.
- The Biggest Source of Antioxidants in the Western Diet
Coffee is quite high in antioxidants.