Dates are the fruit of the date palm tree, which is grown in many tropical regions of the world. Here, in Canada First Services, our goal is select the best quality of dried dates from growers in Middle East and provide our customers with these magically tasty and healthy food.
Health Benefits of Dates
- Very Nutritious
Most of the calories in dates come from carbs. Dates are also high in antioxidants
Dates contains: Carbs, Fiber, Protein, Potassium, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Iron, Vitamin B6.
- High in Fiber
Fiber can benefit your digestive health by preventing constipation. It may help prevent blood sugar levels from spiking too high after eating.
- High in Disease-Fighting Antioxidant
Dates appear to have the highest antioxidant content.
- Flavonoids reduce the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and certain types of cancer
- Carotenoids promote heart health and may also reduce the risk of eye-related disorders
- Phenolic acid may help lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Brain Health
Dates may be helpful and important for preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- May Promote Natural Labor
Eating dates throughout the last few weeks of pregnancy may promote cervical dilation.
- Excellent Natural Sweetener
Dates are a source of fructose.They make a great healthy substitute for white sugar in recipes.
- Other Potential Health Benefits
- Bone health: Dates contain phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium. All of these prevent bone-related conditions like osteoporosis
- Blood sugar control: Eating Date may benefit diabetes management.